Thursday, February 18, 2010

A new progressive era is about to begin

As my eye doctor has been predicting for twenty years, now that I'm approaching age 50, I'm having increasing trouble with my near-field vision. I can still see just fine at medium distances, and my mild nearsightedness at distance hasn't changed much since college, but I can longer convince my eyes to focus on objects closer than about 18 inches away.

So, since it happened that I had some end-of-year FSA account balance left, I went and ordered a pair of new progressive lens glasses, which should be here by early March. The doctor says it may take me a few days to get accustomed to the progressive lenses, but he's hopeful I'll be much happier with them than with my current setup.

While I was there, I also decided to get a pair of prescription sports goggles (Liberty Morpheus 2's, I think), to see if they can make any improvement in my soccer play.

Jason, I hope you won't bust a gasket if both Jeff and I are out on the field wearing our goggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment