- Oracle strongly opposes judge's proposal for narrowing down claims against Google to 3, instead proposes 21 plus postponement of related decision
- Oracle vs. Google: judge proposes three-week patent trial in October, summary copyright decision in August
- Oracle and Google file joint memorandum in reply to tentative case plan: agree to start trial on October 31 but disagree on stay and number of claims
- Oracle wins postponement of decision on number of asserted claims until pre-trial conference; judge reserves option of stay pending reexamination
- Google hires third law firm to defend against Oracle
This is extremely complicated stuff, and it's great to have resources like these to help interested observers such as myself understand what's going on, and why. Thanks for the great blogging!