I'm back, after a lapse in posting.
I was away on a business trip, my first ever trip to Asia.
Because of the travel time, a one-week business trip to Asia actually takes more like 10 days:
- I left my house early on Friday morning
- It's a 13 hour airplane flight to South Korea from California.
- It's a 16 hour time difference between South Korea and California, so if you leave on Friday morning, you arrive in Seoul on Saturday afternoon.
- Forget about Saturday; you're wiped out. Spend Sunday trying to get back on your feet.
- Then there's 5 days of work.
- Then on the next Saturday, you can check out and make your way to the airport and head home. It's only (!) a 10 hour flight back to California, because the winds will blow you home.
- And you get to buy back the time that you spent a week ago, so this time you leave Seoul on Saturday evening and arrive back home in California on Saturday morning.
- But forget about Saturday; you're wiped out. Spend Sunday trying to get back on your feet.
So you end up spending 5 days traveling to and from Seoul, which means you should only do this if you're able to spend at least a week there (though one of my colleagues traveled to Seoul and only spent 2.5 days at the office; you are a better man than I am :) ).
Anyway, I'm home and unpacked, and will try to post a few pictures and thoughts as time permits.