Thursday, May 14, 2015

Too much piano jazz?

We played the Koln Concert at my wedding, and frankly I've been kind of a piano jazz convert ever since.

We listen to lots of Keith Jarrett, but recently I've been branching out a bit.

I completely love Joe Sample, and can never get enough.

Bill Evans may be my overall favorite, and I have many of his recordings.

When I was younger I loved Dave Brubeck, and I still listen to lots of Brubeck; he is from Berkeley after all.

And I've got Oscar Peterson, Chick Corea, and several others in the regular rotation.

Recently, though, it's been a lot of Kenny Barron, who I think doesn't get enough credit.

I'm not sure any of them can hold a candle to Beethoven's Op. 10, second movement, but then who cares?

It's all beautiful music, and good to listen to after a hard day of slinging code.

1 comment:

  1. Check out Vijay Iyer. He's been getting a lot of attention lately.

    ReplyDelete