Sunday, June 12, 2016

Brett's Adventure

My co-worker went on quite the adventure last month.

Here's a brief summary, with a couple links:

Last year I stumbled across videos of Ben traveling from Chile to Alaska in a VW bus. When he came through California I had a chance to talk with him. He is sharing his adventures with everyone through a video blog.

Late in the Summer last year Ben's VW bus's transaxle went out. Stranding the VW in Haines Alaska, and ending travel for a while. It's a long story which you can follow on his facebook page.

Rancho Transaxles in LA donated a transaxle. I picked this up and eventually drove it North. In the mean time the VW bus had a small fire. So instead of trailering the VW back to Vancouver Island, a 4 day venture, we found a garage near Whitehorse in the Yukon.

...

Here is a quick montage on what I did for my Sabbatical, put together by Ben on his website.

https://kombilife.com/vw-bus-restoration-fire-rescue/

If you are interested in following Ben's journey to Northern Alaska, past and present, he has a facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/HastaAlaska/

No comments:

Post a Comment