Saturday, September 28, 2019

I guess I was a bit unclear on the concept

For the past few months, I've been receiving various fliers, online, as well as in the weekly paper:

Mitchell Johnson: Large Paintings
August 12 - October 18, 2019
555 California Street, San Francisco

Well, 555 California, also known fairly commonly as "the old Bank of America building", is just a few blocks from my office, and even though I'm not a huge Mitchell Johnson fan, it seemed like a nice opportunity to stop by and see the exhibit.

So one day this week I walked over during my lunch break and opened the door to the building lobby.

A security guard met me at the door.

"I'd like to look at the paintings," I said.

"I'm sorry, only employees who work in the building are allowed to look at the paintings," replied the guard.

So much for that.

I wonder if Mr. Johnson is aware of this. His web site says:

Please visit my exhibit of large paintings in San Francisco's iconic skyscraper, 555 California Street, August 19-October 25, 2019. The lobby is open 9-6, M-F.

Perhaps I shouldn't have been that surprised.

Oh, well.

Probably they are nice paintings, but it's a big world and I've got plenty of other things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment