Saturday, February 1, 2020

I've entered the V-NAND future

I've got a pair of (relatively) old computers at home that I use for a variety of things.

One thing that I use these computers for is to keep extra copies of backups of the other computer data in my life (my wife's photo collection, her documents, a backup of my parents computer, etc.)

For years, I've used trusty old HDD drives (a WD 4TB drive in one machine, an ancient but amazingly reliably Seagate Barracuda 7200 500 GB drive in the other) as these extra storage devices for holding data that I'm trying not to lose.

Recently, I've upgraded both machines to contain Samsung QVO V-NAND SSD devices.

Nowadays, a 860 QVO 1TB internal device is just over $100, which is a wonderful price for the functionality.

It's still early days with my use of these devices, but so far I have no complaints whatsoever.

If you're looking to upgrade an older computer, consider one of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment