There's lots of interesting technology information to learn here, and though I'm no security expert, I do try to keep up with the basics, so I'm keeping busy reading various explanations of what went on.
But even more interesting, in my opinion, are the flood of fascinating articles that are starting to appear as people think more deeply about what Google is really trying to say, and what their actions mean about the future of the Internet.
- Surveillance, Security, and the Google Breach
- Google: warlord in a world of bandits?
- Doubting the sincerity of Google's threat
- Does the Fourth Amendment cover 'the cloud'?
- Google, China, and Lawful Intercept
- Sergey Brin Escalating War Against Chinese Oppression
- How the Internet becomes the Content-o-net
I'm sure there will be more articles and essays written in the near future, as people continue to think about these issues. What are your favorite essays on the topic? Send them my way!