Friday, December 4, 2015

It's not just a game, ...

... it's GOTY 2015: The Witcher Takes it, But Should it Have Been Fallout 4?

There is something about The Witcher that is so eerie, spooky and dramatic. I can’t quite put my finger on it. Whether it’s playing as a Van Helsing-esque mutant, or the monsters themselves that you are hired to hunt. Whatever the driving force might be, there is something truly special about CD Projekt Red’s Witcher 3. Again, as far as games go, I had a fair many gripes with the title, but racking up a total play time of over 400 hours, it’s safe to say I got my money’s worth. The other thing is that The Witcher wasn’t, like Fallout, merely substance. The Witcher was art. The beauty, the immersion, it was all so well done that it felt less like a game than a film. It was truly an amazing experience. Fallout 4 is a fantastic game, and an unusually charming one, for the amount of bugs that players face each time they boot it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment