Sunday, December 6, 2015

Time passes

I signed up for Windows 10 on my computer back in, what, June?

Around the end of July, the Inter-webs were full of people discussing their experiences.

Windows 10 wasn't ready for my computer.

In late September, I fussed with it some.

I dug into the Windows Update history screens, and there were strange event codes and unfamiliar messages.

Researching them with various search engines lead to lots of people with similar strange messages, and odd suggestions to do things like "clear your download directory, maybe you had a corrupted download."

I tried a few of those strange suggestions, but basically forgot about things, and determined that the most probable outcome was that this computer was only going to run Windows 8.1 (which is fine), and maybe in the future I might try running Windows 10.

Then, Friday, the computer seemed to wake up, and announced that it thought that Windows 10 was "coming".

And, today, it asked me if I wanted to start the download.

So, we'll see.

Maybe Windows 10 is in my future.

Maybe not.

And (is it an omen), just as I go to try to post this, Blogger is down.

For the first time in I-don't-know-how-long.

Time passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment