Thursday, September 1, 2011

Google Summer of Code 2011 nearly complete

The 2011 edition of the Google Summer of Code is winding down. This year, I worked with Houx Zhang on internationalization issues in the Derby test harness. I think it was a successful year, and we had a chance to dig into some problems with the Derby testing techniques that had languished for years. It isn't enough to internationalize the software that you distribute; you must also internationalize your documentation, your tools and infrastructure, and your tests. Derby has a rich and mature test suite, and making it possible to run the Derby test suite in non-English locales makes the test suite even stronger. I haven't had much time to work with Derby recently, but I still enjoy the team and the community tremendously, and I'm glad to stay involved as time permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment